Think of a brand. While the cheapest product of his rival starts at $ 10, he sells for $ 1.99. So much so, that while the competition was a global brand that advertised billions of dollars, it was a small initiative by itself. NYX cosmetics was acquired by international beauty brand L'Oreal in 2014 with a $ 500 million deal. How did NYX, worth $ 250,000 in 1999, win the $ 500 million mark in 15 years? The answer was actually simple: An eye pencil and an influencer.
Toni Ko, the founder of NYX, is the daughter of a family member who has emigrated from South Korea to America. He grew up in Los Angeles helping his family, working on textiles and cosmetics, stay alive. He even left school to help his family full-time. He has been in the UK all the time when he visits cosmetic shops in Los Angeles and tests beauty products sold in pharmacies. Years later in an interview he says, "I liked good makeup materials, but it was not enough to buy material power."At that time cheap brands were terribly poor quality and burned to use the last drop of a Maybelline brand eyeliner, preparing Toni to become the queen of a $ 500 million beauty brand in the future. After all these troublesome experiences, he set up his own brand with a $ 250,000 loan from his family. Knowing that there was no beauty stand in the pharmacies, Toni started to sell his first products, eye and lip pencils, in the pharmacies for 1.99 dollars, making it an opportunity. Toni, who was totally alone in the entire sales process, earned $ 2 million in the first year.
Toni had one goal at the beginning. Everybody can afford to buy cheap as much as quality and organic to produce products. But it was not enough to be a global brand. Not all of these individual efforts and sales strategies that have made the NYX brand world-renowned have been, at first, only one influencer. In 2008, NYX's white-eyed jumbo eye pencil was almost never sold, and a sales surplus was observed. Toni says no one in the company knows why. Until a female employee in the Taki company reaches Vloggera on Youtube. Youtube Vlogger has created a tutorial video explaining how to do this using this eyeball. Toni, who lived in the moment of Eureka, predicted that your future is influencer marketing and decided to evaluate this opportunity instead of traditional marketing strategies such as print publication or TV commercials. By sending product samples to bloggers and Vloggers, User-Generated-Content (user-generated content) strategy.
NYX cosmetics brand, grew organically with the interaction of social media influencers has settled in third place in the order of social media interaction of world famous cosmetics companies. The EMV value (earned media value - the value of the acquired media) has exceeded $ 50 million. With a record growth between 2013 and 2014, sales increased by $ 93 million and achieved a growth of 57%. From February 2016 until February 2017 social media interaction grew by 97%. NYX's detailed social media analysis report, which has become a global brand with video-based content marketing here by clicking on it. With the NYX brand influencers, it was not just about producing mundane content. He took them like a family. Nikita Dragun, one of the Youtube influencers,Makeup Olympics" NYX Face Awards it brought together the event, the brand, the professional makers, and hundreds of influencers. Even the first time in 2016, also made a contest between influencer in Turkey were provided the opportunity to participate in the grand award ceremony in Los Angeles.
NYX was not satisfied with that either. Instead of working with famous models made influencers brand face in advertising campaigns; brought in influencers and consumers once a month at retail stores. They have learned to use the products in the most proper way, together with the customers that came to their stores, the influencers they adore. The combination of this experience and the marketing strategies of influencers with a creative method has given the brand a privileged position in the eyes of consumers. The brand is so innovative in online marketing that when it notices the need for any product by following the influencers and consumer comments, it instantly reproduces and raises money. One of the best examples of this is the Hungarian Lippies series where live neon colors and pastel colors come together as the consumers get more pastel shades by mixing the jumbo eye pencil and the shimmering headlight palette.
in StatistikAccording to December's statistics for December 2017, the NYX brand ranks 4th globally among 12.2 million followers and cosmetics brands. According to Tribe Dynamics report, it is among the top five cosmetics brands in all digital social media channels. Prior to incorporating NYX into L'Oreal, Instagram did not even have 10,000 followers, and in June 2016 NYX already had 7.3 million followers, while the L'Oreal brand had only 2.5 million followers. Nathalie Kristo, General Manager, NYX Global Business Development and Marketing, said that over the years, they have created a NYX community and the first brand aware of the power of social media on makeupThey say they are one of the lads. The influencers have been instrumental in making exceptional and diverse products a brand that appeals to every woman and budget. They social media brand , NYX officials have addressed all ethnic groups and turned them into loyal consumer masses, different influencersThey say they have succeeded with the influence.
How can you adapt your NYX brand's influential marketing strategies to your markup, which increases your investment opportunities by 11 times with innovative digital marketing channels?
- Divide your budget: By dividing your budget among the different influencers, first let them grow the target masses and increase their interaction rates.
- Trust your Influencers: Brands generally restrict influencers with certain principles, and you trust them. Let's come up with inspirational, niche content and hear your authentic, original content and target your products. It gossip effect and will ensure that your brand's name echoes in all four directions.
- Trust your products: Do not be afraid that your influencers will talk about other brands, already everyone is aware; this will allow your viewers to compare your products to other brands while increasing their confidence in the sincerity of your influencers and eventually gain your winnings.
- Be innovative: Leave traditional marketing methods to one side and social media brand Take steps to become. Make use of the power of influencers on all digital platforms. Allow them to create inspiring campaigns that traditional agencies can not do.
- Use the Influencer marketing platform: To find the right influencers to create a holistic identity with the target mass from creatore Using an influencer marketing platform like yours, you can save time with a single brief and match your influencers to create gigantic effects with flexible payment methods and smaller budgets.
- Dilek Erdensoy, after his language education in America, after his license on philosophy; design, digital media and marketing. The writer who continues to write on various sites; science, technology and philosophy, closely following the media and advertising industry.